Oct 31, 2013

A Sassy Girl Collage.


At last I finished one of my collages, purposely made for one of my best friends. I put in lots of symbolism, as it was all about her. It was a very belated birthday present, and also a housewarming gift.

I found the quote on the web, and had to think of her. The quote inspired the rest of the collage.
 I use many magazine pictures for my collages, and alter, add and subtract at will.

There is the sassy girl, all confident and open, and being just how she should be.
She has wings to go, wherever she wants.
She wears an apron for practicality, and green for new beginnings. 
White innocence is still underneath, covered by the red of womanhood.
The cage lies discarded behind her, empty with the door shut. 
For the bird has flown. 
It sits atop the mirror tree of growth.
 I think they look at each other knowingly, so now and then.



I framed it as well, recycled of course.
With a lick of paint.
She really liked it!
New Zealand Kingfisher.

I heard this kingfisher one sunny morning. It was in the oak tree outside, I managed to snap its' picture before it zoomed off. All lemon-yellow fronted. It didn't turn around to show its' greeny-blue back unfortunately. 
Off to find someones' gold fish in their pond, a juicy big insect, or (I heard a neighbour report) to spear a fantail bird......! Horror!


No comments: