Jul 15, 2012

Four reasons why...

Double frilly tulip.
And so I haven't posted since Mothers' day.
I have been trying to think why exactly that is, because I certainly haven't been sitting still or twiddling my thumbs. Not as an excuse to you dear readers, because lets face it; -this is my blog and I only have to follow my own rules.  No, more as an examination of myself: why did I not continue blogging for 2 months...
 Well, here are some reasons (in case you are interested, otherwise just look at the pretty pictures)  :
Mothers' day bouquet.
 *Reason 1:      It seems that every time when I do find the time to sit down behind the computer, someone else is already there, even though we have other machines. Yet I just can not stand up for myself, to kick them off and take their place. They look comfy, and often I get that look aimed at me that says don't bother me or nag me. So I don't.
But it is the only computer that has my photos in its files.
I'll have to get tough...

Passion fruit sauce with my new labels.
*Reason 2:      I have been working a full school day all of last term, and my afternoons have not been my own, and by the time I finished with my chores, it would be 8pm and I'd be well and truly pooped and sinking into a comfy chair with a cup of tea. Suddenly weekend time became very precious because of that as well.
But that will change again, tomorrow actually. 
A new school term starts, and because I had expressed my doubts at work about something I was (suddenly and without consultation) supposed to help a special needs child with, doubts that this was not a teacher-aide's job, but a school-nurse's job. My concern for the childs' health and safety, and consequently my own, were expressed. The outcome is that they want to employ someone else for that 1 hour in the afternoons, and there would not be enough funds to keep 2 people going at the same time.
Unless that would change my mind and I'd like to reconsider?
I'd already agonised over it for 3 weeks and had a few bad nights, so I kept my integrity intact by saying I did not need to think about it and that I was still of the same opinion.
So I have my afternoons back.
Wonder who would work for 1 hour in the middle of the day?

All teacher-aides have also been told that there will be less funding from special needs departments and that there will be another 15 minutes shaved off their day.
This National Government keeps proclaiming that they want all children to succeed and that they will concentrate on the 1 in 5 that seem to fall between the cracks. So they cut funding to the really vulnerable ones. 
Good one.... That'll help. Not!

Baking a banana cake. With walnuts and white chocolate.
 *Reason 3:      I spend a lot of emotional energy on my family. That is normal for me and it is quietly done without too many people noticing. It all happens in my head when I worry or think things over.

- I thought about my eldest daughter in Wellington who is doing fine in her studies, but lives in a cold flat, with a super tight budget, had trouble with a date who wouldn't stop texting her. She is getting a ridiculous amount of A's and a sweet new boyfriend too.
-  I thought about my youngest daughter who had moved out to try flatting, then was overwhelmed by another bout of depression, had to quit her job, moved back home because her flatmates were all changing their lives around, got a new boyfriend who is way older than her, and tried to get back into study at college. She is still making all the right moves to help herself. She starts college in 10 days.
- I thought about my hubbie and the changes at his work, new bosses, new ways, and people losing jobs. So much pressure. And yet he keeps calling it interesting and tells me he'll be alright.
- I thought about my father-in-law who had a ceremony to bury the ashes of his wife and our loved Ma. He seems to have settled very well back in the Netherlands.
She has been in my thoughts a lot lately.
- I thought about my father who announced that they were packing up all the personal stuff in his house, would try to sell or get renters, and would go and live in Thailand for 1 to 3 years with his Thai wife. I'm afraid I didn't take that serious at first. But his feet were itchy as always, and they left last week.
There are different opinions around on how long he will stay.

Wool dyed with passionfruit skins. No mordant used.1/2 hour simmering.
*Reason 4:    We went on a holiday! Just him and me!
Well and our good friends too, they had always heard our stories about beautiful Bali, and last year they told us they were getting married, and how would we feel about coming along, since we had been there before and stuff. Fantastic, we have had such fun looking forward to this!
It was lovely, I still feel as if we were away for a looong time. It was a good 2 weeks.
We hadn't had a real holiday since 2005, except for a week in Wellington a few years ago. 
And we both needed some time together as a couple.

 I made loads of gorgeous photos with my lovely camera and you'll see some in my next post.





No comments: