Nov 12, 2010

Creations by others.

The most beautiful colour in the world: Bird's Egg Blue. On red and white polkadots.
The little egg came from my Dad's and his wife's garden, she gave it to me. The little nest blew out of a tree from our own garden last autumn.

I love bird's nests. No-one teaches the birds how to do it, they just know! I had a good look at this one, it has bits of blue plastic from an old tarpaulin woven into it, and little unravelled threads from washed fabrics on the washing line.
I often throw these threads and bits of wool on the ground on purpose, hoping the birds can use them. Obviously they do, which pleases me immensely.


So clever!!
A new flower piece by our youngest daughter, with a twist. It was displayed at school in the art room. The threads in the middle represent a dream catcher.
I like it.
And our eldest is back home again from university. She is planning on having a gap year, earn money and go see Europe next year. Then continue her study the year after. She has suddenly realised that she is free to do as she likes in this world!
She made us a lovely hotcakes breakfast on Sunday. With fresh strawberries. Delicious!

Ok, some opshop finds to show off. From left to right; a tin serving tray with the red and light blue colour combo, a large bell-tea tin in fantastic condition, so kiwiana. And another kiwiana tin; Edmonds(sure to rise) baking powder.
I put some old buttons in it.
Can I get the lid off again? Nope...
The little blue tin is such a lovely colour blue, I had to have it for 50 cents.
The little biscuit tin with the red polkadot-dressed girl sewing on her tiny sewing machine , is just my favourite. I saw it in a second hand shop in Waipukurau. But I left it there, because my hubbie kinda rolled his eyes at my collectors/hoarding bug. A year went by and I passed by that shop again with some of my felting friends. I went straight to that back shelf and rummaged through all the cake tins. And there it was, still waiting for me....
It was obviously mine in the first place.

The little blue tin was for dressmaker's steel pins. But I bought it full of little metal bobbins.
What can I do with those? Has anyone got a creative idea?

No comments: