Jul 20, 2010

Comforts and Creations.

In the last 3 weeks I have had a holiday from my schooljob, and made some new things.
I also did some things that were new for me; such as watching a whole game of rugby with a crowd of people at a party. Yes the All Blacks won! Although I missed the haka, which I always find thrilling.
I also got up early to watch the last football/soccer game of the World Cup. My brother had invited a whole bunch of Dutchies, 2nd generation Dutchies and hanger-ons to have breakfast at his place. We had much fun with many pancakes, croissants and cups of coffee to help us through the sad ending...
That evening we ate orange food, not just to cheer up, but because it is winter comfort food. Stamppot with carrots, parsnips, potatoes and onions mashed together, and a big rookworst to divide up. Luckily I can get a very authentic sausage in the local supermarket here.

These are my new vintage papers packs. I have far too many ancient books than is good for me, and so I will share all those wonderful old illustrations and texts with others. So the first one has gone up for sale in my elmtree shop.

Here are some of the illustrated pages. People can use them for collages and other art.
I am even putting in an old sewing pattern pack, music sheets, old atlas pages, foreign language and encyclopaedia pages, shorthand, medical and maths books, chess instructions etc. ranging from early 1900's to the 1980's. At least 40 different papers go into the packs.

And while we're on the theme; another lot of dutch bunting went up for sale again too.
And now life is back into gear, no more holiday-mode, everyone back to work and learning.
Holidays are never long enough, so weird...

No comments: